Barefoot Running is a different approach to running, using either minimalist shoes or no shoes at all.
A company called Barefoot Running UK teaches efficient running form for maximum performance and minimal effort. Mechanically, it's easiest to run without shoes but it's all about technique, regardless of footwear type or the absence of it!
Barefoot Running are holding a one day barefoot running workshop in Liverpool on Saturday 13th October.
This one day workshop is for all levels of runner and is based on their forthcoming book: ‘Run Strong - Run Free: An introduction to the science and art of barefoot running’.
The workshop includes the following:
- Misconceptions of barefoot running
- How to get started
- Human Anatomy & biomechanics
- Types of breathing
- Optimum alignment in relation to running
- Optimum running technique
- Barefoot running and its role in achieving balanced movement and improved performance
- Concepts/myths/opinions surrounding ‘minimalist’ shoes
- Different terrains/weather and the accompanying challenges
- Useful drills and exercises
PLUS: Individual feedback on technique
The workshop cost is £90 and takes place from 8.30am – 5.30pm
Bookings can be made via their website: www.barefootrunninguk.com
BAREFOOT RUNNING WORKSHOP, SATURDAY 13TH OCTOBER, CROXTETH HALL & COUNTRY PARK, CROXTETH HALL LANE, LIVERPOOL, L12 0HB